Tuesday 10 January 2012

My oh my the joys of a stove

So...like everyone in the country I was waiting for another Big Freeze this year and decidied to put in a stove in my living room. No back boiler, just a stove for heating the room to try and cut down on heating costs. Oh my God it is brilliant. I went for the Waterford Stanley Oisin solid fuel stove, the smallest in their range and it is fantastic.

Door open all through the house and the entire place is heated. My freezing cold artic house is actually cozy. The only time the gas has been on in the last two months is when I was away over Christmas! I set it in the morning and it burns all day if you stock it up with coal and leave the damper almost closed. I cannot recommend it hightly enough. I went with the Stanley as their damper is supposed to be better than other stoves so you can control the heat better. Get one if you can - it's amazing and will really save you money after the initial outlay.

No comments:

Post a Comment